GR20 stage 10: Vizzavona- Bergeries d´E Capanelle
Distance: 16 km, asc/desc: 1000/335 m, 5h
August 15th, 2016
- The morning in Corte was complicated as several of my clothes had been stolen from the drying string right outside the tent.
- Luckily a sports shop in central Corte sold the things I needed, including a 100 gram screw-type gas canister.
- This stage is probably the easiest on the GR20. Having walked the GR20 in 2014, I knew what to expect. The only change I planned, was to walk the variation via Monte Alcudina as opposed to staying at the Plateau Cuscione, and then I would probably camp at Bocca de Verdi to avoid the winds at I Prati.
- Gradual walk up through the forest to Bocca Palmento and then past the Bergeries d´Alzeta (no people around) through level paths to E Capanelle, a rather uncharming ski station at a roadend.
- It would not be too hard to continue on to Bocca di Verdi, a total of 30 km from Vizzavona.